Thursday, July 8, 2010

God rested. I can rest, too.

So, last night, I decided it was a really bad idea to try to do the 3rd Kim Kardashian DVD.  I could barely move from the two days prior and also I had a really bad headache.  Don't worry, though.  I'll do it tonight.

I'm feeling much better today!  Still a tiny bit sore in this awkward muscle around my knee (random...), but I can pretty much walk at a normal pace again.  Which is nice.

Last night, since I was resting from the DVDs I made sure that I at least did some crunches.  No sense doing nothing!  I also fixed myself a DELICIOUS supper.  OK, it was actually breakfast, but it was at dinner time.  I had pancakes, bacon and 2 fried eggs. Ohhhh man. It was sooo tasty!  I haven't made bacon in about a thousand years.  Last night, it was perfect!  Mmm.

I also watched an episode of "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant" and "Toddlers & Tiaras."  These shows are bananas.  But I LOVE them.  The pregnant show just gets me every time, because these women have so many signs that they are pregnant, but for whatever reason, they just don't think they are, then SURPRISE!  Their water breaks and they have a new baby. Oh man.  That's a tragedy.  Luckily on the show, there have only been cases where the baby survives and is healthy and stuff.  I mean, it might have to stay a little bit in the hospital, but there's never an episode where the baby has severe birth defects from malnutrition or improper maternal care or anything.  I mean, that wouldn't make for very good television...

And "Toddler and Tiaras" is crazy.  Some of those moms are ridiculous "pageant moms," but other times, they're just normal, good mothers who have fun with their little girls :-)  I love that.  Last night, there were 2 three-year-olds and a six-year-old.  The 2 three-year-olds had those crazy moms who spray tan their kids and stuff, but the 6-year-old's mom was just wonderful.  Their family has 4 boys (dad and 3 sons) and 2 girls (mom and daughter).  The little girl likes to go fishing and stuff, but she LOVES to do pageants because she and her mom just get to be girly and fun together.  And it was SO sweat, because at the pageant, she won Princess in her division, and the dad cried!  He said, "Well, my little girl just won princess..." and got all teary-eyed.  He was so proud of his beautiful little girl!  It's moments like that that make me know it's ok that I watch a show like that, and that it's not just crazy parents trying to exploit their children.  Not at all.

I wish I had done pageants as a little girl, but they're so expensive.  Some of the moms spend WAY too much money on the glitz dresses and stuff.  The good mom in last night's episode made the dresses herself. She said it saved her probably around $500 per dress making them herself.

You go, girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what are your thoughts?