Saturday, July 10, 2010

OK. I really need a step...

Well, today is Saturday.  Yesterday was Friday, and that's when I started my weekend since I don't work on Fridays.  It was SO  nice not to have anything to do this weekend.  For the last several weeks, I've been going to Evansville for the weekend, for one reason or another.  As much as I love my family, it takes a LOT of energy to pack, drive there, spend the weekend with things to do, pack, and drive back.  Not to mention it takes a lot of money out of my wallet for gas and whatnot.  This weekend, I have ABSOLUTELY no plans.  Nothing is on a schedule, and I didn't even make a list. 

Yesterday, I woke up at 11:15. Whoa! I haven't slept in that long since high school, I think.  It was kind of a bizarre feeling, because I woke up assuming it was about 8:30, but I quickly realized it was about lunch time. :-/  But it was ok. No plans, remember?  So I ate a hearty breakfast and watched a LOT of TV.  I watched a movie while I ate my breakfast.  I never watch movies.  But I happened to have rented one at a Red Box the day before, so I needed to watch it before 9pm.  Then suddenly, 4 o'clock happened!  So I decided I needed to be a functioning member of society and take a shower and get dressed and stuff.

My plan was to take out the trash, go to the recycling center, go to walmart, and then return the videos to the Red Box machine.  I took out the trash, loaded all the recyclables into my trunk, grabbed my reusable bags, and set off!  Too bad it was about 6pm when I rolled into the recycling place only to realize it closed at 5:30. Womp womp...  On to Walmart.  I got everything I needed and it all fit in my 2 reusable bags which made me happy :-)  I have WAY too many plastic walmart-ish bags at my apartment.  I mean, I use them as little trash bags and stuff, but I have SO many.

Anywho, after walmart, I wanted grab a healthy dinner and take it back home with me.  I stopped at the drive-thru at Wendy's.  I got a delicious pecan chicken salad.  I asked for a baked potato, but they said it would be another 20 mins. Lame.  Then the Red Box machine that I wanted to use was broken, so I had to drive out of my way to go to another one.  So, I had 3 disappointments, but oh well!  Overall, it was a pretty leisurely and productive day.

Today is Saturday.  I woke up around 8:30 (typical).  I ate some cereal and watched a little TV, and then I got into cleaning mode.  I cleaned my bathroom, folded and put away some laundry, vacuumed the apartment and loaded the dishwasher.  Not so bad.  Then I wanted to do my 3rd Kim Kardashian DVD.  It's the Butt Blasting Cardio Step DVD.  I was going to try to do it without the step, since I don't have one yet, but I couldn't even get through the warm-up.  It was just pointless without the step.  I really need to get me one of those.  Like, soon. 

So instead of Kim Kardashian, I decided to do a couple of the 10 Minute Solution routines on the Fat Blasting Latin Dance Mix DVD that I have.  I love that thing.  It is SO much fun!  If anyone is looking for a workout DVD that is FUN and that you can do for a short period of time (because everyone's busy...) then this is perfect for you!  Get your groove on and dance with Stella!  She is my best friend sometimes.  She always tells me how great of a job I'm doing and that I look great.  I love her. :-)

I think I'll attempt to take the recycling again soon.  It really needs to get out of my trunk.

Have a nice weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you got to enjoy your lazy (meant in a nice way) weekend! :) It's nice not having anything to do huh?
    AND. I also <3 Stella, although I haven't seen her in FOREVER!! Maybe I'll pay her a visit tomorrow. ;) lol
    p.s.
    every time I open your blog, some type of 'twitter' box pops up on my screen. Do you know what's up with that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is SO nice not having anything to do. You get so much done - just on your own accord! Yeah, that Twitter thing happened because I installed a "gadget" that was a "follow me" button for Twitter, and it made you log in every time. I deleted it. I didn't know it would do that, and that's obnoxious.

    ReplyDelete

So, what are your thoughts?