Friday, March 18, 2011

March 18, 2011

My, oh my how time slips away!  It's been far too long since my last blog, and sadly, I see this becoming a trend.  Hopefully I can nip this in the bud pretty soon and get back on my blogging horse! What have I been up to...

Faust is over. It was a great run! I had so much fun being in the show, and I especially enjoyed the girl time in the chorus dressing room! We all looked so goofy in our 1930s wigs and our drag queen makeup... But we loved every minute of it! (If you don't count the headaches and the itchy scalps from the wigs!)

My senior recital is Sunday. Ahh!! This semester is almost, over.  I'm about to graduate with a bachelors degree in Vocal Performance, and I still don't know what I want to do with my life! lol I mean, yeah, I want to sing. But exactly how I want that part in my life, I'm not quite sure.  Thank goodness God gave me a "go with the flow" kind of attitude.  I'm really open to whichever direction His will sends me!  I'm blessed because I got accepted into a summer opera program in San Francisco for a month this summer!  It's the Bay Area Summer Opera Theater Institute program.  And I got a role in a full production opera!  That's so great!  Hopefully this will be one of those life-changing summers where I either realize that I can't live without opera or that it's really just not for me.  I DO love it, though.  We'll just see what happens!  I auditioned for IU grad school for a Master of Music, but I haven't heard back yet.  I have a hunch that I didn't get in - it's REALLY  competitive.  But, you never know till you know!  So, until I hear the official word, one way or the other, my future is still undecided.  If I get in, then great! I'll be in school for the next couple years.  (Wait. That IS great, right?...)  If I don't get in, then I'll work, make a little money, continue taking lessons, pray a LOT, and try to figure out what that next big step is!  I'm not really worried.  Either way, my life is in God's hands - and I'll always be able to sing.  Singing is what brings me joy.  Not necessarily all the other stuff that surrounds it.  It's comforting to know that the creator of the world holds my future in His hands and that I really don't have to worry about every little tiny step I take.  As long as I'm seeking Christ, and living my life to be like Him and to serve His people, then I'm doing the right thing!

Speaking of serving people, I've just begun a new part-time career (YES! A career - something that I can work at for the rest of my life, that I enjoy, and that I can take with me wherever I go!) with Mary Kay Inc. as an Independent Beauty Consultant!  I am the MOST excited about this opportunity!  I don't think of it as a job (sure, the money will be nice), but I think of it more as a way to reach women, to communicate with them, empower them, and build their self-esteem!  Mary Kay is not just about lipstick!  It's about growing as an individual, putting your faith first, and taking care of our bodies!  I am learning so much already, and I've only technically been a consultant for about a week now!  I am so lucky to have Paula Kirkpatrick as my Sales Director.  I know Paula through church camp - from counseling her girls at camp and having her parents as the camp managers for several years!  Paula is a woman after God's own heart, and she truly uses her Mary Kay "job" as a ministry.  That is where I want my business to go.  I don't want it to be about me, or the makeup, or the profit, but I want it to be about changing lives and bringing women together through the Holy Spirit.  But I do love the makeup and the parties :-)  I am SUCH a girlie-girl!

I think that's enough for today.  Please pray for me!  Pray for my ministry through Mary Kay, pray that God will lead my steps and determine my future and give me peace of mind, and pray that my recital will be fulfilling on Sunday!  Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what are your thoughts?