Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy Birthday, America!

Well friends, yesterday was the 4th of July!  Hurrah!  That's my favorite holiday.  I love summer, and I love being outside, and I love professional fireworks. lol  (The at-home, do-it-yourself kind make me nervous...) 

I'll say, this year was not my most fun 4th of July experience ever.  I mean, church was great, and I saw some fireworks back in Bloomington, but I also had a 2.5 hour drive during the day, and I was kind of bored at the fireworks, unfortunately.  It's sad because I think fireworks are romantic, and they have such potential to be excellent date experiences and stuff, but last night was just... disappointing.  I guess it's tough when you're used to the fireworks that happen in Evansville at the river front, with the music and everything.  And usually the remnants of the Freedom Festival in the background.  These fireworks were at Sherwood Oaks, the church I go to, and they were just alright.  There was no music.  No food.  Just fireworks.  I also got a craving for Grandma's caramel corn.  We used to have that at the fireworks every year growing up.  It would have been really nice last night.  I didn't even have one bag of popcorn at home! :-(

Today, I'm working.  Pretty much everyone has today off at my work, except people who are staffed to work in the main library (because we staff it 24/7), and surprise surprise!  That's where I work on Mondays.  It's really slow now, and hardly anyone is here, and the 8.5"x11" color printer is not working.  Awesome.  I had planned to print out my update/"thanks again" letters for my supporters from the Honduras trip today, but those plans have changed.  I have hardly any ink at home, so I can't print there, either. Black and white looks stupid because I have pictures in the letters.  I guess I'll need to buy some more ink for my printer at home, but I need to wait until payday on Friday.

I ordered those Kim Kardashian workout DVDs last week, and according to the Postal Service website, they were delivered!  Hooray!  I really want to start them today.  My hopes would be to do some blogging, and maybe some video blogging, about my workout experience. lol  I want to be consistent.  I have plenty of free time this summer, so I should be able to get plenty of exercise!  Did I mention yet that I'm running a half-marathon in November?  November 6, to be exact.  I've never run ANYTHING before besides in gym class for tests.  I'm really stinkin' nervous!  But I'm also very excited!  I don't care about how fast I finish or anything, I just want to finish and survive.  That will be a real accomplishment for me.

I have an hour and a half left of work right now.  So far, I haven't helped one customer.  Because no one's here.  Good times. 

I got to visit with a lot of family this weekend.  My cousins and aunt and uncle are in town (Evansville) from South Carolina!  I haven't seen them in several years.  The kids are so big!  They're 17, 15 and 11 now.  It's hard to think they're not in elementary school anymore!  Ah!  But it was really great to see them and to see how well they are doing, even if it was only for a day or two. :-)

My presentation at camp went very well!  I was a little nervous beforehand, but everything went smoothly!  I thank God for putting the right words in my mouth and for helping me to not be nervous.  One of Ben's campers wrote a song about me.  Because I'm hot.  Score.  *flips hair*

Ta ta!

While the storm clouds gather far across the sea,
Let us swear allegiance to a land that's free,
Let us all be grateful for a land so fair,
As we raise our voices in a solemn prayer. 
God Bless America,
Land that I love.
Stand beside her, and guide her
Thru the night with a light from above.
From the mountains, to the prairies,
To the oceans, white with foam
God bless America, My home sweet home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what are your thoughts?