Friday, May 6, 2011

Almost done!

Well friends, today at 12:30pm EST I'll be taking my German Diction final and will conclude my undergraduate degree.  Whoa.  After that, I'm going to go to Hobby Lobby and get some fab decorations for my mortarboard, then tomorrow is GRADUATION!! Can you believe it?!

I get pretty nostalgic and verklempt when I think about graduating.  I'm such a sissy these days.  Even though I'm not going anywhere (I'm starting grad school here in the fall), graduating is a big deal.  I also like to think about how a bunch of people in my family have graduated from IU, and that makes me feel super connected and almost historic. lol

So much has changed in my life since I moved into my dorm freshman year.  I think the core of who I am is the same, but I'm in a very different place now than I was then.  And I love it.  I love the place I'm at right now, and I wouldn't change any of my life experiences for anything!

Here's to the class of 2011!  Congrats, y'all!  We did it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what are your thoughts?