Wednesday, December 15, 2010

No Title

I went to dinner tonight with Jason and a bunch of the IU Cinema folks.  Jason does a podcast for the Cinema with his friend, Andy, and the Cinema director.  It was a really fun time!  We ate at FARM on Kirkwood.  I'd never eaten there before, but I'd heard of it plenty.  It's pretty cool!  All the food they serve is locally grown or raised.  I really enjoy eating in places like that because I feel like I'm helping out the economy!  You're welcome, America!

What I really enjoyed about tonight was that I got to get a little glimpse into Jason's world.  He and I talk all the time, of course, but when he talks about the Cinema, I never really understand...  Now that I've met some people and learned a little more, I feel like I can really appreciate all the hard work he's putting into this project!  I'm so proud of him!

I got pretty dressed up for this evening.  I'll admit, I was probably a little overdressed, but it's whatever.  I looked good. :-P  It's not very often that Jason and I are invited to fancy dinners or outings, so of course I made it a point to make sure I could go to this one.  I had a friend mention over the summer that she wanted to be with a guy who would take her to black-tie affairs.  (First of all, that's hilarious because she was dating a guy in radio...)  This was the closest we've gotten to that, besides a wedding or something.  I loved it!

I can see the sparkle in Jason's eye when he talks about films.  It really is a passion of his.  If someday, he would want to go back to film school, I would TOTALLY be supportive of that.  And at the same time, when he talks about his job now, and his responsibilities and how far he's come, and can see that he sits a little taller and talks a little louder - he's proud of himself!  As he should be!

I've been thinking a lot lately about what my future holds after I graduate.  Probably because I just finished up this semester and I only have one more semester until I graduate.  The other night at a Christmas party, one of my friends said that everyone needs to write out their life goals.  Whatever they may be.  I don't think I'm to the point right now where I can definitely write out a set of goals...  I've never been the kind of person who is so focused on having a good career or making a ton of money or whatever.  I want a family and a happy life. Whatever that may be.

I kind of forgot where I was going with this blog... Dang.

In other news...

Marly and Jase are engaged!! He proposed on Monday morning!  He was going to wait until Christmas, but he just couldn't do it!  I'm so excited for them.  Marly's been wanting and waiting to get married for such a long time, and now here it is!! They're thinking probably April 2012.  I can't wait! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what are your thoughts?