Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Give Peace a Chance

Have you ever been so frustrated you could just spit?

At this moment right now, I'm mad.  I'm so mad.  I feel used, ill-treated, disrespected, forgotten, and worthless.  (Don't worry.  It's nothing serious.  Just a friend thing.)

My heart is bitter and resentful, and I can feel it squishing up inside me.  I need peace.

Sometimes I let things get to me - like frustration and anger - and I forget that I need to pray and ask God to take away all my burdens.  I forget that the peace of Jesus Christ is far greater than any sort of justification you can try to make for the way things happen or peoples' regard toward you.  I need to pray right now for God to give me that peace once again and to ask that my heart be free from burden and squish.

God's word is my rock.  He promises peace if we simply come to Him and ask for it!

~~~~~~~~~`~`~*~'~'~~~~~~~~~~
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
-Philippians 4:6-7

"And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful." 

-Colossians 3:15

1 comment:

  1. I love your style, girl!! I am heading up Main Stream, the new women's blog, and I am so glad you are going to be apart!!

    ReplyDelete

So, what are your thoughts?