Monday, June 21, 2010

Lord, make us instruments of your peace...

Well, that estate sale didn't prove to be very fruitful for me.  The bedroom set that they had suggested I might want had already been sold when I got there.  However, I did end up with a little round side table, a griddle and 2 cooling racks.  That'll do, pig.  That'll do.

Things in my life are pretty dandy right now.  I have my apartment back!  For those of you who know what's been happening in that area of my life, then you know what's up.  For those of you who don't, let's just say it's been a trying month for my patience and my tolerance while living in that apartment, but that transitional period of time is now over, and I have my sanity back!  Hurrah!  After work today I plan to go home and CLEAN!  I'm excited about vacuuming and moving some stuff around and cleaning out the refrigerator/freezer/pantry.  Today is going to be a good day!

I went home over the weekend for Father's Day.  Jason came with me.  It was such a great weekend!  I think the best part about it was that I didn't have any pressing engagements or things to do, really.  We were able to pretty much just chill out with the family and do what we wanted!

On Saturday morning, Charity, Shannon and I went to David's Bridal to try on the bridesmaid dresses for Mindy's wedding.  The dress itself is pretty, but unfortunately it was awkward on all three of our different body types.  We found one that works much better, but there's a pretty good chance we're going to end up staying with dress number 1.  Let's just say that this wedding situation is beginning to be a little bit stressful for all parties involved.  I wish Mindy the best of luck with her marriage, and I hope that everything falls into place and works out for the best.  But I will be honest that I too am frustrated right now.  But thank goodness I have the peace of Jesus in my heart.  I've always been a patient person and a tolerant person.  I've ESPECIALLY found this out about myself over the last month.  I think in this case, I just need to try to be a peacemaker.  I need to try to be understanding and supportive of everyone's feelings and opinions and try to work as the glue to hold things together rather than just another piece of the puzzle that can fall out.

I'll leave you with this prayer of peace that I believe everyone should place solidly on their hearts:

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
and where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek

to be consoled as to console;
to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love.
 

For it is in giving that we receive;
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life. 


Amen 
(Prayer of St. Francis of Assisi)

1 comment:

  1. You already know what that title/poem reminds me of.
    And I will also try to be the glue to hold things together, with you. :)

    ReplyDelete

So, what are your thoughts?