Monday, May 31, 2010

It's almost June!

Today is Memorial Day. Until a couple years ago I didn't know exactly what Memorial Day was really about.  I just knew that we always listed the people from the church who had died that year during the service, and also my Meemama went to put flowers on some graves in Illinois.

Well, today is also my dad's birthday!  Happy birthday, Fa!  Way to be... old... haha

It's been almost 2 weeks since I've been back from Honduras.  I'm way back into the swing of things here in the states.  My work schedule is the bomb.  I only work 20 hours per week, but I have the option to sub into other shifts that need to be covered at my leisure.  With my permanent schedule, I work Monday - Thursday 8am to noon, except I also work from 12-4 on Tuesdays.  Bomb.  I just submitted my resume for the Assist position at work.  It's the Administrative Assistant job.  I've wanted to apply for this position in the past, but I have such busy class schedules, that I don't have enough time to work both jobs or to work during the day.  However, this summer, I'm not taking classes, so I have a freer schedule.  I don't know if our Assistant Manager will hire for this position for only the summer (since I absolutely could not work it in the fall), but let's all cross our fingers that no one else wants it, and that the only option is for her to hire it as a summer position. :-D

Jason started his new morning show on Z102 this morning!! He sent me a secret "Listen Live" link so I was able to listen to the show for about 40 mins this morning while I was getting ready for work.  I tried to pick up the station in my car on the way to work, but my car hates Z102.  :-(  No luck.  But from what I heard, it sounded like it will be a great show!  I know it will be, because Jason has been putting in a million hours a day getting the studio ready and planning the morning show.  I'm so happy that once it gets to be a pretty regular thing, he won't have to be at work so much, and maybe we can go back to being boyfriend and girlfriend. lol  I mean, we're together still, but we don't get to hang out much, because work has stolen him from me for the past few months. :-(

Tomorrow is June! This is so exciting! I love summer :-D  However, that means rent is due. Bleh.  But summer is just around the corner!  I have a couple of exciting things planned for this summer.  Mitchell and Heather's wedding is next weekend! I'm going white water rafting with my 20Somethings Sunday school class in June, and camp is in July (my birthday week)!  Also, our Sunday school class is starting up a Tuesday night study, so I have that to look forward to, and also I'm on the leadership team for the class.  It should be a great summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what are your thoughts?