Monday, May 3, 2010

C'est fini!

My recital is done! It went really well :-)

It's so funny how you work so hard for so long on something, then in 39 minutes, it's done. Crazy! During the whole time, I was just excited! (Well, I mean my throat was dry sometimes, but other than that, it was exhilarating!)

Funny: Here's a secret. When I came out on stage for my second set of the recital (an Italian Mozart concert aria), I mos def was ready to sing my German set of songs! Before I went on stage, as I was walking on stage, and while I was waiting for the piano to start playing, I was going over the German words in my head, reminding myself of the text, then.... BAM! Mozart! Good thing I know that aria SOOO well, because I had to TOTALLY change character! It was pretty funny.

I didn't burp, by the way. But I'm not gonna lie, I really almost did. I don't remember exactly which song it was in, but I could feel the little air bubbles creeeeeeping up my throat! I was think, "oh shoot! oh shoot! oh shoot!" But lucky for me, my little bubbles stayed put. lol

After the recital, we had a great reception in a classroom upstairs in the same building. It was so much fun! We had like 100 cupcakes, and punch and cheeseballs and crackers, and those Libs mints. Mmmm... My friend and studio-mate, Georgia, commented to me, "Your family sure does know how to throw a party!" I had planned/organized a baby shower for a girl in our studio the weekend before. She was clearly impressed. And it's so true! That was the best recital reception I've seen :-)

My high school voice teacher, Mr. Jerry Hoover and his wife were at my recital! I was so excited to see them! That man is the smartest, most technical teacher I think there is. It's really been a great experience having had the teachers I've had. Mr. Hoover was so excellent with the physical science of the vocal instrument, and he works really hard with young singers to make sure that they develop a healthy, proper technique from the start. And Ms. Wise has had so much experience in the biz, that she gives great direction that way. I mean, she was famous and stuff. lol

Anyway, it was a wonderful weekend! A whole lot of my family was in town for it, and several good friends and family friends came to watch as well.

As glad as I am that it's over, I can't wait for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what are your thoughts?